We wrote about IKEA a lot in 2017 — and you guys ate it up. Whether we were talking about the coolest products from the 2018 catalog or reviewing the store's new assembly-required bike or reporting on the latest news, there was a lot to say and a lot for you to get excited about.
Here's a recap of all things IKEA from 2017.
1. IKEA announced some big news for special occasions.
IKEA launched a gift registry! It's true. You can finally create shop-able wish lists for weddings, baby showers, housewarmings, or any other special occasion that calls for people to buy you presents. Presents, we say!
Read more: Look What IKEA Finally Offers!
2. And even more news.
IKEA is nothing if not innovative. The Swedish company is always looking for new ways to make our lives easier. Two big announcements from earlier this year still resonate with us.
2017 IKEA News
3. IKEA opened a new biggest store in North America.
At 456,000 square feet, the new IKEA Burbank edged out the 450,000-square-foot store in Schaumberg, Illinois, as North America's largest. We got to go to it and here's how it went.
4. The 2018 catalog didn't disappoint.
Have you ever gotten the IKEA catalog and thought to yourself, "Huh, that's it?" Yeah, us either. The IKEA catalog is always awesome and 2018 was no different. Which brings us to our next point ...
More on IKEA's 2018 Catalog
5. There were plenty of things to buy.
From new additions as part of a special collection. to tried-and-true staples, there were plenty of things to buy at IKEA this year. Here are some of the things we were loving in 2017.
The Best Things to Buy at IKEA
- Our 3 Favorite New Things from IKEA
- The $20 IKEA Hostess Gift That Doesn't Look Like It's from IKEA
- The Best New Thing to Buy at IKEA
- The $2 IKEA Find I Can't Live Without in My Kitchen
- 10 Grocery Items You Should Always Buy at IKEA — Plus 7 Other Good Picks
- Daim Cake Is the Best Thing You're Not Buying at IKEA
- The $200 Dining Room Table That Looks Like $1000
6. And even a few things not to buy.
As much as we love IKEA, we can probably all agree that there are some things that just aren't worth the money. Even if we're just talking about a dollar or two.
13 Things Not to Buy at IKEA
7. We tested a bunch of IKEA stuff.
Before we can say, with confidence, which things you should and shouldn't buy, we spend a lot of real time using and playing with the products. Three of them were worthy of their own posts.
Some IKEA Product Reviews
8. IKEA helped us travel better.
IKEA isn't just good for finding stuff to use in and around the home — the retailer also has a ton of stuff to help us pack our bags and hit the road better than we ever have before.
The Best Travel Gear at IKEA
9. And get more organized.
You basically have zero excuses for a messy pantry or cabinet after a trip to IKEA. The store has tons of organizers, shelves, and little gadgets to keep things in line. Here's a look at some of the best products and a bit of inspiration from real homes.