Swedish mega-store IKEA is more than a great place to snag cheap wine glasses and cube-shaped shelving — the stores also have an ever-changing travel section with some incredible deals on lightweight knapsacks, versatile shoulder bags, and sturdy luggage, to name a few. Most of the prices are steals, and they're even cheaper if you're an IKEA family member. (It's free to join the program, so take advantage if you can.)
Here are five of the best items we've seen, whether you're trekking around the globe or just skipping town for the weekend.
- FÖRFINA 10-Piece Travel Set, $2.50: Not does this set feature containers in various sizes (so you can bring just the right amounts of whatever you need), it also comes with a funnel to help you neatly fill said containers.
- KNALLA Umbrella, $4: This compact umbrella is small enough to stash in your suitcase at all times (because you never know when you'll find yourself in a downpour!). And, at $4, it's cheap enough that if you lose it during your travels, it won't be too much of a bummer.
- KNALLA Backpack, $5: Having a portable, hands-free bag option is a dream when you're traveling. Our favorite part? The backpack folds up nice and small, so you can bring it on a trip just in case you need extra storage. (And, if you're like us, you'll need extra storage for all your edible souvenirs.)
- STARTTID Carry-On Bag With Wheels, $15: This lightweight bag stores super flat when you're not traveling. And it also has wheels! It's a great basic carry-on and a total steal at this price point.
- FÖRFINA Travel Bags, $10 for six: Whether you're an overly organized person or just aspire to be one, these bags will help get your packing under control. Use them to keep certain items separated and easy to find.
What are your favorite travel items from IKEA? Tell us in the comments!