Swedish mega-store IKEA is more than a great place to snag cheap wine glasses and cube-shaped shelving — the stores also have an ever-growing travel section with some incredible deals on lightweight knapsacks, versatile shoulder bags, and sturdy luggage, to name a few. Most of the prices are steals, and they're even cheaper if you're an IKEA family member. (It's free to join the program, so take advantage if you can.)
Here are five of the best items we've seen, whether you're trekking around the globe or just skipping town for the weekend.
- UPPTÄCKA Mini Toiletry Bottles, $1.50 for four: Considering most travel bottles are clear, these bright bottles are particularly useful. The different colors make it easy to tell your products apart, so you'll never confuse body lotion for conditioner, or facial toner for contact lens solution again — as long as you remember your system.
- KNALLA Umbrella, $4: This compact umbrella is small enough to stash in your suitcase at all times (because you never know when you'll find yourself in a downpour!). And, at $4, it's cheap enough that if you lose it during your travels, it won't be too much of a bummer.
- KNALLA Backpack, $5: Having a portable, hands-free bag option is a dream when you're traveling. Our favorite part? The backpack folds up nice and small, so you can bring it on a trip just in case you need extra storage. (And, if you're like us, you'll need extra storage for all your foodie finds.)
- UPPTÄCKA Carry-On Bag with Wheels, $20: Not only is this lightweight bag collapsable for easy storage when you're not traveling, but it also has wheels! It's a great basic carry-on and a total steal at this price point.
- UPPTÄCKA Clothing Bags, $10 for four: Whether you're an overly organized person or just aspire to be one, these clothing bags will help get your packing under control. Use them to keep certain items separated and easy to find.
What are your favorite travel items from IKEA? Tell us in the comments!