Whether you want to display some beloved pottery or need serious storage for your cookbooks, dishes, and pans, IKEA has you covered. Here are 10 of our favorite shelving options for any kitchen and budget.
- MULIG shelf unit, $60: This free-standing unit is technically meant for a bathroom or mudroom, which is actually what makes it great for a kitchen. The shelves are resistant to stains, and moisture won't cause any damage. Bonus: The four included hooks can hold tea towels, aprons, and various kitchen tools.
- DYNAN shelving unit with cabinet, $60: Stash clutter behind the door and put your fanciest cookware (or just the stuff you reach for the most) on the open shelves. This storage unit is made with powder-coated steel, so it will certainly hold up to wear and tear.
- KALLAX shelf unit, $46: An IKEA classic, these square cubbies are perfect if you have a large collection of cookbooks or bottles of wine that you want to display.
- ALGOT wall shelves, $35: A sleeker take on track shelving, this wall-mounted unit can accommodate as many shelves as you need. It's especially great for a pantry.
- IVAR shelving unit, $66: This solid pine shelving unit has plenty of room for your wine bottles, plus adjustable shelves below.
- HYLLIS shelf unit, indoor/outdoor galvanized, $15: Perfect for renters or students, this shelf is simple, durable, and cheaper than a pizza.
- VARDE wall shelf, $40: Thinking about trying open shelving but too scared to do a full-out cabinet overhaul? Try this wall shelf on one section of your kitchen for now. It's got two shelves, plus hooks to hang coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how much you can store on this thing.
- LACK wall shelf, $7: Another IKEA classic, this minimalist shelf appears to float on the wall because the mounting hardware is hidden inside.
- BOTKYRKA wall shelf, $30: Use this wall-mounted shelf to create a chic, minimalist display box for your favorite bowls or your impressive spice collection.
- FALSTERBO wall shelf, $90: You'll come up with dozens of configurations for this compact, versatile unit, which comes with open shelves, drawers, and hooks.
Kitchn supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.