Eggplant is one mighty vegetable. It has the power to take center stage on a dinner plate, thanks to its meaty texture, but because of its mild flavor, it's also ridiculously versatile. It's willing to take on pretty much any spice, aromatic, sauce, and cooking method you throw at it. And, if you're looking for a dish that will satisfy carnivores and vegetarians alike, there is no better solution than eggplant.
In honor of eggplant coming into peak season, here are 15 delicious ways — from eggplant parm to eggplant noodles (yes!) to eggplant stir-fry — to make this summer vegetable the star of the plate.
Eggplant Recipes with Pasta and Grains
Eggplant is so versatile that you can easily transform it into everything from a vegan Bolognese for pasta to a spicy stir-fry served over rice. You can even make noodles out of eggplant!
- How To Make Vegan Eggplant Bolognese
- Feta & Eggplant Pasta Salad
- Vegan Stir-Fried Garlic Tofu and Eggplant
- Roasted Eggplant and Brown Rice Bowl with Turmeric Tahini
- Stuffed Eggplants with Herbed Bulgur
- How To Make Eggplant Noodles
Eggplant Burgers, Sandwiches, and Salads
Thanks to its heartiness, eggplant has the ability to fill a burger bun or sandwich roll without any additional need for meat. It also makes for a filling, extra satisfying salad.
- Grilled Eggplant Burgers with Halloumi Cheese
- Eggplant Caponata Sandwiches with Mozzarella & Basil
- Farro Salad with Roasted Eggplant, Caramelized Onion, and Pine Nuts
- Roasted Eggplant Salad with Smoked Almonds & Goat Cheese
Other Eggplant Dishes
You can't round up eggplant recipes without calling out two of its more well-loved iterations: eggplant rollatini and eggplant parmesan. But eggplant also loves to be braised, stuffed into a frittata, and made into a savory, cheesy tart.