When that mid-week brain sets in and you're seriously stumped on what to cook for dinner, you don't have to resort to grabbing a pizza on your way home or calling in for delivery once you've scanned the fridge in desperation. Instead, you can whip up a satisfying stir-fry in next to no time.
Stir-fries take just a handful of minutes to cook up and are infinitely adaptable, making them a winning solution for busy weeknights. Whatever odds and ends you may have lingering in your kitchen — almost wilted veggies, a rogue chicken breast, or a can of beans — can be tossed into a wok or skillet and transformed into a great dinner for the whole family.
A hearty stir-fry packed with protein like chicken, beef, or pork, along with a slew of colorful vegetables, doesn't need much more than a bed of rice to make it a satisfying dinner.
- Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry
- How To Make Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli
- Orange Chicken and Kale Stir-Fry
- How To Stir-Fry Chicken and Cashews
- Pork Stir-Fry with Asparagus and Sugar Snap Peas
- Thai Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
- Chicken and Snap Pea Stir-Fry
Stir-fries are especially great for vegetarians and vegans because the possibilities are nearly endless. Fill your wok or skillet with a wide array or your favorite vegetables, maybe add some beans or tofu to round things out, and don't forget an extra-flavorful stir-fry sauce.
- Weeknight Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Tofu Chickpea Stir-Fry with Tahini Sauce
- Vegan Stir-Fried Garlic Tofu and Eggplant
- Spicy Cauliflower Stir-Fry
- Vegan Stir-Fried Cabbage in Peanut Sauce
Noodle and Dumpling Stir-Fries
Noodle stir-fries are a nice departure from the usual rice. Or have even more fun and try adding your favorite pork, chicken, or vegetable dumplings to the wok or skillet.