Once you've mastered the art of cooking the perfect steak in the oven, you can start to think about finding your perfect seasonal side dish. There are so many options available, but only certain sides are worthy of sharing your plate with a steak.
Start with this list of 20+ mouth-watering options. We guarantee you'll find something that fits your taste.
Perfect Potatoes and Root Vegetables
I'm hard-pressed to find anything more classic that a side of potatoes to complete a juicy steak dinner. Whether they're roasted, mashed, or baked into a luxe gratin, you can't go wrong. Other root vegetables, like rutabagas and carrots, are also a good pick.
- How To Make Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 3-Ingredient Roasted Dijon Potatoes
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- New Potatoes with Herbs and Anchovy Butter
- Potato, Squash & Goat Cheese Gratin
- Kale & Potato Gratin
- Funeral Potatoes
- Roasted Rutabaga with Brown Butter
- How To Make Glazed Carrots
Satisfying Green Vegetable Sides
When you want a side that will balance the rich meatiness of a steak, something green is the way to go. A simple spinach sauté or shaved asparagus are quick dinner additions you can pull together in a flash, while roasted broccoli or green beans with a kick of peppery harissa also make a nice pairing.
- Easy Lemon-Ginger Spinach
- Garlicky Roasted Broccoli
- Stovetop Brussels Sprout Hash with Crispy Sage & Walnuts
- Modern Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Green Beans with Harissa
- Creamy Spinach and Dill
- Asparagus Ribbons
Other Savory Side Favorites
When steak is in the meal plan, dishes that are braised, mashed, or sautéed will always make a comforting sidekick to your meaty main. From mushrooms to cauliflower mash, you can't go wrong.