It seems like there are as many slow cookers on the market as there are slow cooker recipes on the internet. How do you know which slow cooker is best to buy? There are so many to choose from! We have four different models just in our photo studio!
So how can you tell which Crock-Pot is worth your money? You could take a chance with an Amazon bestseller, or you could do what we did and crowdsource Kitchn readers. We asked you guys on Facebook to tell us what slow cookers you all have (and love!) at home. These are the ones that came up again and again.
- Hamilton Beach Set & Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, $50: "It took over from a hand-me-down from the '80s," says Linsey Song. A handful of other people named this one, too, which is no surprise — it's also the top pick from our friends over at Wirecutter.
- Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker, $60: The Crock-Pot name is synonymous with slow cookers for a good reason. You guys love yourselves some Crock-Pots, and while many of you didn't specify the exact model, the six-quart seems to be a favorite size and we love that this one is programmable and transportable.
- 6-Quart Instant Pot, $100: Of course the Instant Pot made this list! Since it came out a few years ago, so many people have told us that this seven-in-one multi-cooker has replaced their slow cooker. It has a massive fan club and we're members!
- Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System, $130: Another machine that frequently gets the stamp of approval from websites and magazines, the Ninja also has more than one feature. "I absolutely love it," says Anne Mayeske. "It is a slow cooker, oven baker, and stovetop cooker."
- Cuisinart 3-in-1 Multi-Cooker, $110: "It sautés and browns, as well as works as a slow cooker," says Nikki Callahan. "My next project is to try to roast a chicken in it." Spoiler alert, Nikki: It'll work! We've done it!
- All-Clad 6.5-Quart Slow Cooker, $180: A definite splurge compared to the others on this list, some people said the extra money was totally worth it. Alyce Morgan called it the Cadillac of her collection (and she has three slow cookers!).
These are the ones we heard about over and over — but we were struck by how tough it was for many of you to choose. In fact, many of you said you have more than one — and one reader said she has 22! Wow!
Do you have one of these slow cookers? Something else? What do you love or hate about yours?