10 Make-At-Home Snacks for Movie Night
While there are quite a few movies on my list to see before the Oscars this year, a movie night in is often what these cold winter nights call for. And when curling up with a good flick, snacks are necessary. But store-bought packages or movie theater boxed treats are so often laden with preservatives and ingredients you can’t pronounce, why not start thinking about homemade versions of your favorites to do at home?
The thing I find with make-at-home-snacks is you have to keep it relatively simple and realistic. There’s no way I’d tackle more than two of these recipes in any one given night. But that being said, there are some great classics here, from roasted nuts to nachos and hummus. Some are more complex than others, but I made it a point to choose very do-able recipes that you could easily make in an afternoon in preparing for a few good flicks.
10 Make-at-Home-Snacks for Movie Night
1. Homemade Cracker Jacks (pictured) – Nealey Dozier for The Kitchn
2. Roasted Rosemary Almonds – Shutterbean
3. Maple Soy Snack Mix – Dana Treat
4. Roasted Garlic Hummus – Chez Us
5. Super Nachos – The Food Network
6. Homemade Malted Milk Balls – Creative Epicure
7. Hot Spinach Cream Cheese Dip – White on Rice Couple
8. Panko-Crusted Chicken Bites with Apricot Mustard Sauce – Martha Stewart
9. Mini Brownie Cupcakes – Epicurious
10. Chocolate Peppermints – She Wears Many Hats
Related: Caramel Popcorn Recipe
What are you favorite make-at-home movie snacks?