Is Our 2014 Cooking Blog Winner!
Thank you to everyone who voted on our 10 finalists in the Blogs from Abroad category. Five of the finalists were chosen by you through nomination count, and the other five were chosen by our judges.
Congrats to the winner and make sure to check out ALL the great blogs mentioned in The Homies this year!
See Winners in All the Categories
Home Design Categories
Notes from the Judges
A few select quotes from the judges on their picks:
Top with Cinnamon is a blog that makes me go "wow" every time I visit. It's got amazing photography and recipes, and Izy's animated gifs of her preparing her recipes are such a refreshing change to the usual food blog format. This is an all-around fantastic blog.
My Little Expat Kitchen: Most of us have a narrow picture of Greek food that doesn’t extend beyond Greek salads, avgolemono soup, gyros, souvlaki, and baklava. We pick these things up from Greek diners but rarely cook them at home. Magda, a young Greek woman who lives now in the Netherlands, serves up dozens and dozens of tasty reasons to expand our view of Greek cooking, most of which would be easy to master at home. Behind its unassuming façade, Magda’s blog, My Little Expat Kitchen, invites us to trade in our monochromatic portrait of Greek food for a wide-ranging and colorful new vision.
All of the Nominees
The Homies at a Glance
- Week 1 - Nomination: Nominate your favorite home design and cooking blogs from Friday, February 14 - Friday, February 21 (until midnight EST). Nominations are approved manually by the editors.
- Week 2 - Voting: Vote on the ten finalists in each category Saturday, February 22 - Wednesday, Feb. 26 (until midnight EST).
- Winners' Weekend: Winners will be announced Friday February 28.
- How are finalists determined? The top five most nominated blogs in each category will become five of the ten finalists.The other five finalists in each category be chosen from the nominees by our editors and a panel of judges.
- Can I nominate more than one blog? Yes! Nominate as many blogs as you like. The main goal here is to discover and share blogs we love.
- Can someone be a finalist in more than one category? Nope. They can be nominated in all categories, but they'll only be eligible for finalist status in the category where they received the most nominations.
- Why wasn't my nomination approved yet? We manually approve each nomination, and we do this on a rolling basis as quickly as we can.
Remember to nominate blogs in the category where you think they fit best. They'll show up here after we've approved the nomination. Also, past winners are not eligible on this go-round.
Before you nominate a blog, scan the list and see if they're already here. If they are, click the +1 button to register your nomination.
Read more about The Homies and see all past winners!
(Image credits: Well Preserved; Andrea Sparicio)