Root beer may be traditional, but a float made with actual beer? Now that's
a treat! Beers like chocolate stouts and fruity lambics are halfway to being desserts already. By adding a scoop of ice cream, we're just helping things along.As the weather starts to warm and head towards summer, these beer and ice cream combos are sounding particularly appealing:
• Chocolate Stout with Chocolate Ice Cream - Double chocolate!
• Witbier with Raspberry Sorbet - A lighter float to end a meal.
• Mocha Stout with Coffee Ice Cream - Post-dinner pick me up.
• Hefeweizen with Vanilla Ice Cream - Think creamsicle.
• Fruit Lambic with Vanilla Ice Cream - Peach or cherry lambic are my favorites for this.
More fun with beer floats!
• Beer Float with Hoppin' Frog Imperial Oatmeal Stout
• Cherry Lambic Ice Cream Float
• Cool Treats: Beer and Ice Cream Floats
Do you have a favorite beer and ice cream pairing?
Related: Old Fashioned Floats: Brown Cows to Boston Coolers
(Image: Faith Durand)