Do you hear that? Listen closely. You hear it, right? It’s the sound of a million zucchinis and other summer squashes being tucked away into your CSA boxes or stacked neatly at the grocery store. (Maybe even waiting on your front porch, left there at midnight by a desperate neighbor gardener.) The zucchini and squash are waiting for you.
Are you ready for summer’s most prolific producers? We’ve got you covered with recipes that range from summer squash with baked eggs, to green curry with chicken and zucchini, and of course the always popular zucchini bread.
There are only so many times you can eat raw zucchini in a big summer salad before it starts to get a little boring. Lucky for you, summer squashes are very versatile in the kitchen. They are wonderful with eggs like in the Eight-Ball Zucchini with Eggs Baked Eggs, or in spreads like the Zucchini, Mint and Yogurt Spread, and also in baked goods like zucchini bread.
If you’re looking for an easier way out, step up your salad game with the chickpea, barley, and zucchini ribbon salad (ribbons! Ooh la la!), or get simple with the zucchini with yogurt-dill sauce. Both are true winners.
And now for all the zucchini and summer squash recipes your heart desires:
- Potato, Squash & Goat Cheese Gratin: For all your summer breakfasts and brunches.
- Summer Squash with Baked Eggs: Bust out your cast iron skillet! Summer squash is calling.
- Thai Green Coconut Curry with Chicken and Zucchini: So many delicious things going on in this summer-y curry. Freezes well, too.
- Chickpea, Barley and Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Mint and Feta: A great salad for summer lunches.
- Greek Pasta with Lamb, Zucchini, and Feta: An easy weeknight meal that highlights a good amount of squash.
- Zucchini with Yogurt-Dill Sauce: A great cold summer appetizer or snack.
- Healthier Zucchini and Carrot Fritters: Serve with sour cream or bacon jam.
- Zucchini Boats with Mozzarella and Olives: A great vegetarian recipe to serve as a side dish or main.
- Eight-Ball Zucchini With Eggs Baked Inside: Eggs and squash go so well together! This dish proves it.
- Zucchini, Mint and Yogurt Spread: Perfect for dipping all those crunchy summer veggies.
- Baked Summer Squash: Perfect for big summer gatherings.
- How to Make Zucchini Bread: The classic way to use up zucchini you get in you CSA. Just add butter.