What's cooking this weekend? We're pondering homemade pasta (see above) and maybe some biscuits
! What about you? Tell us what you're cooking, and take a look back over some of our favorite posts from the past week. • How to make: Vinegar
, chocolate chip cookies
, quick cream biscuits
, from-scratch buttermilk biscuits
, easy salsa
, taco seasoning
, and one sort of yeast bread
• Try this! Reuse those cheap grinders for your own spice blends.
• Food in the news: Jamie Oliver's TED talk, Michelle Obama's Let's Move! campaign, and Marion Nestle's look at the future of food.
• Rounding up past household intelligence: Great tips and recipes for entertaining, and a guide to nearly every spice in your cupboard (plus another handy guide to cooking with, storing, and choosing salt).
• A pictorial guide to sewing your own napkins and table runner.
• Great kitchens: $967 remodel, Jill's own New York City kitchen and a lovely green kitchen in San Francisco.
• Atom and petri dish cookies.
• Is this the ultimate pulled pork recipe (for cheaters)?
• Looking at maitake mushrooms, Chioggia beets, toaster tongs, and measuring cups.
• Browse through the entire past week of posts from The Kitchn.
Happy weekend, and happy cooking!
(Image: Faith Durand)