Am I the only one who feels a slow, warming sensation begin to work its way through my body when I look at impeccably organized drawers? The junk drawer in my kitchen doesn't look like this, but oh how I wish it would. It'll come as no surprise that the drawers above are from Martha Stewart, but I was pleased to realized her secret: modular units instead of all-in-one drawer organizers. Yes!
Small modular units in different sizes are so much more adaptable than one big organizer block with pre-assigned areas. Get the sizes you need, and don't worry about fitting that all-in-one organizer into your drawer.
5 Great Modular Drawer Organizers
• Silver Mesh Drawer Organizers, $1.69 - $4.19 at The Container Store
• PP Boxes, $2.75 - $.625 at Muji
• Modular Drawer Organizers, $29.95 - $36.95 from Williams-Sonoma
• OXO Interlocking Modular Drawer Organizers, $3.00 - $10.00 at Sur La Table
• Modular Bamboo Drawer Organizer Trays, $3.99 - $6.99
Related: Organize This! Help for the Junk Drawer
(Images: Ditte Isager for Martha Stewart)