Popular in the Caribbean and Spain, guava paste is typically sold in short, wide cans or plastic packaging. It's usually available at Latin markets or in the Hispanic ingredients section of larger grocery stores.
Cheese is a common pairing for guava paste. Guava empanadas are often made with cream cheese, queso blanco or farmer's cheese. Or, you can simply cut it into squares and serve with cheese for a quick appetizer. We've also seen a lot of dessert recipes that incorporate guava paste.
Here are 10 recipes with guava paste that caught our eye:
- Bon Appétit: Guava and Manchego Phyllo Pouches with Passion Fruit Syrup
- Recipe Zaar: Guava Cake
- Instructables: Guava Paste Muffins
- Every Day with Rachael Ray: Guava Turnovers
- Bon Appétit: Guava-Stuffed Chicken with Caramelized Mango
- Food & Wine: Guava-Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro-Jalapeño Salsa
- Cooking Light: Guava-Swirled Cheesecake
- Recipe Goldmine: The Lounge Baked Brie Cheese Empanadas with Guava Rum Sauce
- The Perfect Pantry: Guava Souffle with Custard Sauce
- Epicurean: Guava Tart