When we have leftover coffee in the pot, we've been saving it in the refrigerator to make iced coffee later in the day. But we've had a cooler spell here in Seattle and we haven't much felt like iced coffee, so it was time to start thinking outside of the caffeine box. Here are 10 recipes to put that leftover coffee to good use!
The nice thing about leftover coffee is that it can be used in sweet and savory recipes, ranging from spicy sauces and braised chicken to decadent cakes and rich cappuccino ice creams. Strong coffee or espresso enhances the flavor of chocolate desserts and works well with almond and cherry flavors. And it rounds out the flavor or pork and chicken beautifully. So instead of relying solely on iced coffee or, even worse, tossing out leftover coffees, we've got other things up our sleeves this week.
10 Recipes That Use Leftover Coffee:
• Coffee Ice Cream with Hot Fudge Sauce (pictured) Nealy Dozier for The Kitchn
• Mocha Popsicles - A Cozy Kitchen
• Coffee Pudding - Not Without Salt
• Thai Iced Coffee - Bakespace
• Fried Eggs with Coffee Chipotle Mole - Epicurious
• Brewed and Braised Chicken - Food 52
• Alton Brown's Coffee and Molasses Pork Chops - Food Network
• Coffee Chocolate Layer Cake - Bon Appetit
• Mocha Cupcakes with Espresso Buttercream - Brown Eyed Baker
• Godiva Coffee-Chip Ice Cream - The Culinary Chronicles
Related: Coffee Ice Cream with Hot Fudge Sauce
(Image: Nealey Dozier)