The kitchen is a breeding ground for things like lids, boards, and trays that are of similar size and shape, but that don't fit or stack well in cupboards. The key, perhaps, is to stand them up instead of laying them down.
Here are five clever vertical storage solutions that look at things a little differently.
- Vertical Silverware: This solution makes the organizer inside all of us do a little cheer. When we build our dream home someday, this smart way to store silverware is totally in the cards.
- Magazine Rack Turned Cutting Board Holder: This inexpensive solution, found at Smartaleck Studios, works because of its simplicity and versatility. The perfect renters' solution for cabinets that make you swear like a sailor.
- Dividers for Your Tupperware: We're not sure how we feel about having this many pieces of Tupperware, but still — this divided solution from Neat Method truly keeps everything in its place and easy to find. It would also be wonderful for oversized coffee mugs and stacks of canning rings.
- Pull-out Lid Holder: This $12.99 solution from The Container Store could work for lids or plastic wrap alike. Sometimes I just want to buy this thing, install it, and yell, done! (Or maybe that's my own triumphant battle cry.)
- Just Hang It: No matter how slim your space, there's always room to install a knob or a hook. This option from Far Above Rubies is a good reminder that adding a few holes to a cutting board is an easy solution to a cluttered counter.
Have another example of vertical storage to share? We'd love to see!
(Image credits: Better Homes and Gardens; Smart Aleck; The Neat Life; The Container Store; Far Above Rubies)