With all that fall has to offer, it also has a lot of downsides. There's the erratic cold weather, for starters. There are gloomy days filled with rain, the stress of getting ready for the holidays, and the inevitable seasonal ailments of a cold or sore throat.
If your office, family, or friends start getting a sore throat it just seems to spiral. When it's your turn to feel sick, take care of yourself (or others in your house!) by eating nourishing foods that will soothe your throat, like a bowl of creamy mashed potatoes, egg drop soup, or baked pumpkin oatmeal.
I'm obviously not a doctor (or nutritionist), but I feel like I can safely say there are just things that will make your throat feel better when you're sick. You want to avoid anything scratchy or food with a lot of acid, and I know people also tend to avoid things with a lot of dairy to avoid building up mucus.
What recipes do you turn to when you get a sore throat? Is there something you would avoid?
10 Recipes to Soothe a Sore Throat
- How To Make the Best Mashed Potatoes
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie
- How To Make Creamy Ice Cream with Just One Ingredient!
- How To Make Egg Drop Soup
- How To Make Creamy Stovetop Polenta
- How To Make Perfect Chocolate Pudding from Scratch
- Scrambled Eggs with Goat Cheese, Greek Yogurt & Greens
- Flu Season Ginger Honey Lemon Tonic
- Baked Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal