A good home office isn't just a place to put your laptop: It's a place where work gets done with style, where high-tech gadgets make everything work a little easier and look a little cooler. Here are a few home offices from House Tours and Tech Tours past that do just that.
1. Gene & Heidi's Colorful Art-Filled Home. Built-in cabinets and floating desks—all from Ikea!—turn a humble closet into a mod double office with midcentury-futuristic appeal.
2. Ara & Chris' Abbot Kinney Loft. Headphones, computer equipment, desktop screen,laptop: It all fits in this clean, eclectic workspace without looking cluttered.
3. Nick Keppol's Picture Perfect Brooklyn Office. Between the double desks, Eames classics and sweet gear (lightbox! tablet!), this room is design-minded in both form and function.
4. Gregory's Refreshed & Refreshing Home Office. If only ourdesk was this organized: Every cord, cable and gadget has a place in this tiny, cheerful office—some of them in lighted drawers!
5. Chris' Crafty Home Office Makeover. We've never wanted to play with tech toys more—Chris' candy-colored sound equipment is right at home (office) in this creative space.
6. Rebecca's Loving Living Small Home Office. Genius: Rebecca keeps gadgets from dominating this bright and airy office by stashing her router and modem in a bike basket.
7. Rustam's From Russia with Midcentury Love Studio. Midcentury mod charm—in bright and bold hues—work great in Rustam's sleek computer HQ.
8. Meg and John's Big City Home. The couple's high-shine Avantgarde desk is the ideal centerpiece for this polished home office.
We teamed up with our friends at Dyson to bring you the most modern and high-tech of our house tours. Stay tuned for the whole series!
Comments have been disabled.