I'll confess, I've always been more of a summer-salad person than a winter-salad person. But this year I've resolved to set aside my leafy-green biases and change all that. The first step: browsing through our archives for inspiring winter salad recipes. Not surprisingly, there were a number of tantalizing choices featuring a gamut of ingredients, from cauliflower and celeriac to peanuts and persimmons.
Before I began digging, I was expecting to find lots of color, but I was still impressed with what turned up. From pale lemony yellow to deep purple, this is a visually exciting array of dishes. So now my goal is to eat my way through this herbaceous rainbow by trying a new salad every week until spring. Any other takers?
- Cauliflower, Fennel and White Bean Winter Salad
- Celeriac and Carrot Salad
- Kale Slaw with Peanut Dressing
- Carrot Slaw
- Fresh Fennel and Lemon Slaw
- Green Salad with Walnut Oil, Celery and Radishes
- Rainbow Chard Salad with Raisins and Walnuts
- Quick Celery Root Salad with Capers and Lemon
- Warm Butternut Squash and Arugula Salad
- Crunchy Peanut Slaw
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)