A year ago this week, we had settled on the winners for our Quick Weeknight Meal Contest and came away with some great new ideas for our weekly repertoire. Read on for a peek at the winning recipes, plus tips on better frittatas from Alice Waters, ways to deal with mealy apples, and candied salted bacon.
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Get inspiration for your next meal with these winning recipes from the Quick Weeknight Meal Contest.
• Feeling fancy? Try this recipe for Duck with Black Olives and Black Olive Risotto.
• Check out these small - and useful! - colorful kitchen details from around the world.
• Five ways to eat more oats every day.
• Have you ever made Hot and Sour Soup at home?
• Anyone can make this one-ingredient ice cream at home. No ice cream machine required.
• Alice Waters has some excellent tips for cooking a better frittata.
• Soothe your sore throat with pineapple.
• A great grilled eggplant recipe for the last days of summer!
• Seeking a better, healthier alternative to vegetable shortening? Look here.
• Margaret Roach has a kitchen worth drooling over.
• Some interesting ways to use up leftover wine.
• Gingersnaps are the perfect fall cookie.
• Stock your freezer with these essentials.
• Getting a batch of mealy apples is so disappointing. Here are ways to use them up.
• Last, but definitely not least, treat yourself to some candied salted bacon real soon.
Previous Lookback: DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte and Dealing with Garbage Disposals