Why Not? Let’s Make Homemade Doughnuts!
Whether or not you agree that doughnuts might be the new cupcake, you have to admit that these delicious doughnut recipes cropping up all over the place are mighty tempting! So tempting, in fact, that this might be what finally gets us to try deep frying at home. Just take a look at these recipes!
1. Glazed Doughnuts from the Pioneer Woman – Simple glazed donuts are always a favorite, and this is a good basic recipe to start with.
2. Apple Cider Doughnuts from Smitten Kitchen – As far as we’re concerned, apple cider donuts are a year-round event!
3. Cinnamon Honey Doughnuts with Raspberry Jam from Martha Stewart – One or three of these would go so well with our morning cup of chai, don’t you think?
4. Meyer Lemon and Sour Cream Donuts from Tartelette – Perfect for those of us who don’t like super sweet pastries.
5. Nancy Silverton’s Buttermilk Cake Doughnuts from Serious Eats – Call them old-fashioned or classic, they’re still just as delicious to us.
6. Coffee-Glazed Doughnuts from Epicurious – Why not have our coffee and eat it too?
What kind of doughnut are you in the mood for this weekend?
Related: Recipe Review: Baked Doughnuts from Heidi Swanson