You can make the holidays a little more merry with the help of a few special touches. Maybe you bust out a bottle of wine that you've been saving, or whip up extra-fancy desserts. In my home, the holiday season is when the fancy cheese boards come out. No, they're not exclusive to the holidays, but they are more lavish this time of year.
That's why I was so excited when I woke up this morning and heard that cheese from Whole Foods Market is going to be half-off for the next 12 days! Now is the time to make your cheese wishlist and check it twice because this year we've all been extra nice.
Starting today, December 8, according to the Whole Foods blog, one cheese a day will be half-off its regular price. Each cheese was hand-picked by their "global cheesemonger" (why my guidance counselor never told me I could literally eat cheese for a living I'll never know!). Stock up on each one and make the ultimate holiday cheese plate, or stockpile them for movie night in with someone special. And by someone special, I mean the cat and a bottle of wine.
Yes, this does mean you'll have to visit the retailer nearest you for 12 days in a row if you want to receive each cheese on the list at the discounted price. But is that really the end of the world when you can sample any and all cheeses they carry just by asking? Here's a list of all the cheeses that will be on sale.
- December 8: Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog
- December 9: Mons Époisses
- December 10: Vermont Creamery Bonne Bouche
- December 11: Neil's Yard Dairy Montgomery's Cheddar
- December 12: Rogue Creamery Organic Enraptured Blue
- December 13: Mons Gabieton
- December 14: Emmi Roth Organic Grand Cru
- December 15: Rapin le Marechal
- December 16: Cellars at Jasper Hill Hartwell
- December 17: Ubriaco de Piave
- December 18: Uplands Cheese Pleasant Ridge Reserve
- December 19: Dutch Cheese Makers Truffle Gouda Klare Melk
Which cheese are you most excited about? Let us know!