The moment you've been waiting for all year has finally arrived: Amazon has announced when Prime Day will be! It's officially set for Tuesday, July 11, 2017. But this year, it's more like Prime Day Plus Six Hours.
Let us explain. The holiday, which the company started two years ago to celebrate their Prime subscribers with a day full of discounts, will now span 30 full hours. Deals will begin at 9 p.m. EDT on Monday, July 10, and run all day through 2:59 a.m. EDT, Wednesday, July 12.
Tip: Prime members can also voice-shop Prime Day deals, through Alexa-enabled devices, starting at 7 p.m. EDT on Monday, July 10 — two hours ahead of everyone else. So technically, it's Prime Day Plus Eight Hours?
It will be Amazon's biggest event to date, with more than 100,000 deals worldwide across nearly all categories. And new deals will be happening as often as every five minutes! (Don't worry, we'll be around to help you find the best bargains).
But wait, there's more!
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2017?
Tuesday, July 11
In addition to the 30 hours of Prime Day, Amazon will launch five days of daily Lead-Up Deals, starting July 5. These deals are all very specific and we don't have the exact details just yet, but we do have the scheduled categories.
- July 5 – Alexa Voice-Shopping (orders exclusively placed through Amazon's voice assistant, Alexa)
- July 6 – Amazon Music
- July 7 – Amazon Video
- July 8 – Everyday Essentials
- July 9 – Amazon Reading
- All Lead-Up Days: Smartphone and Amazon device deals, Prime Pantry, voice-shop to order Prime for $79
If you're not a Prime subscriber, you can get a 30-day free trial starting now (so you're ready for Prime Day).
Already a Prime member? Great! There are some even earlier deals (all on Amazon services) for you that start today and run through July 11.
- Kindle Unlimited Memberships will be discounted up to 40 percent off.
- When you sign up for Prime Video Free Trial, you get a $10 credit to spend on Amazon just for streaming a Prime video on your TV for the first time.
- You can get four months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99. (Note: This is inclusive of the 30-day free trial period.)
- New Audible Prime members can join for $8.95 a month for the first six months.
Ready? Mark those calendars and check back here in July for all the Amazon Prime Day Coverage you can shake a stick at. If you're not in a stick-shaking mood, perhaps an Amazon Dash Wand will do the trick?