What’s the Difference? Answers to 25 Common Food Mixups
You’ve probably encountered ingredients in recipes and other food products that sound really similar and have wondered what their differences are. What’s the difference between pinot gris and pinot grigio? Are polenta and cornmeal just really the same thing in different languages? Here are 25 common food mixups that we’ve demystified so that you’re armed with the right information.
Similar-sounding ingredients can often be used interchangeably, but sometimes there are actually big differences in the compositions of these ingredients and how best to use them. Read up on these common food mixups and learn what makes each item unique, plus learn how to identify them correctly in the future!
Dairy and Eggs
Meat and Seafood
- What’s the Difference Between Red and White Quinoa?
- What’s the Difference Between Rice Vinegar and Seasoned Rice Vinegar?
- What’s the Difference Between Cornmeal and Polenta?
- What’s the Difference Between Jasmine and Basmati Rice?
- What’s the Difference Between Udon and Soba Noodles?
- What’s the Difference Between Canola and Rapeseed?
* * *