What’s Cooking This Weekend?Weekend of May 17-18, 2008
It’s a cool, rainy weekend here – what’s it like where you are? This has us in the mood for bistro food and pizza – something hot. But we’re still determined to make it to the farmer’s market tomorrow morning for fresh spring vegetables and a bunch of flowers for the table. Here are a few more good projects from the site this week; what are you eating and cooking this weekend?
• Small Cool 2008 winners are announced – what do you think of their kitchens?
• If it warms up a little we’re drinking Pimm’s Cup this weekend.
• Are you doing any gardening this spring?
• Are you throwing a party to celebrate the end of the Cure? Check out these timing tips.
• This week we learned that hanging bags are good for growing strawberries and tomatoes.
• Time for weekend breakfast? This Zucchini and Asparagus Strata looks absolutely delicious.
• Need a quicker breakfast? Try these dried fig and nut bars – good for breakfast on the go.
• If we buy wine this weekend we don’t care that the weather is awful – we’re getting a rosé
• Another thing to look for at the Greenmarket: shiso!