What’s Cooking This Weekend?Weekend of May 10-11, 2008
So, we’ve been bitten by the garden bug. We are gazing dreamily at little flats of greens and herbs, thinking about how productive they will be (we hope) all summer. Working in the container garden is priority one this weekend; we’re transplanting beets and some lettuce to more permanent homes. Here are some more good ideas for cooking, reading, and gardening from The Kitchn this week:
• Week 8 of the Cure already! Plan a party!
• Are you trying to win this Veggie Gardener’s Answer Book? We’re reading all your good gardening questions with great interest!
• What are you doing for Mother’s Day on Sunday? How about some poached eggs.
• Have you checked out this real chef’s kitchen yet?
• All the spring greens make us feel virtuous. How about some dessert?
• …or maybe a rhubarb cocktail instead.
• Talk about best birthday cakes here.
• All these spring greens! Make your own vinaigrette this weekend.
• Make plans to find a farmers market – there’s probably one open this weekend near you.
• And it’s not too late to start a pot of radishes – they grow up from seed in just 28 days!