What’s Cooking This Weekend…Weekend of April 5-6, 2008
This was a busy week here at The Kitchn! We don’t usually make a big deal about traffic, but we wanted to mention that this week blew away any other week of our history with record numbers of new visitors. That’s not just a number to us, though – that means real people and real readers. Welcome to all the cooks and readers here, old and new.
And in case you missed some of the week’s highlights, here are some of the most inspiring bits – for us at least. What are you cooking this weekend?
• Fennel was on our mind – look at the beautiful fennel seeds above; just one of the lovely spices featured in Devesh and Tara’s Spice Pantry kitchen tour.
• Tonight we’re eating this Orange, Olive and Fennel Salad, inspired by a recipe in Rebecca Gray’s wonderful American Artisanal.
• Week 3 of the Kitchen Cure! Time to restock those clean cupboards.
• Beat the Box – What’s faster? Box cake mix or from scratch?
• We also want to cook this deliciously easy Slow-Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
• Try Japanese pancake pizzas this weekend – they’re delicious!
• Name that pasta! How well did you do?
• Happy April Fools! It’s safely over now but you can still look at our silly posts.
• Win a Linden Double Spice Grinder – you have till Sunday night to enter.
• Need some late Friday entertainment? Check out our videos of food celebrities Alton Brown and Curtis Stone at the Housewares show.