What’s Cooking This Weekend…Weekend of July 12-13, 2008
Everyone knows it is bad for you but no one ever stops doing it.”
– Laurie Colwin, ‘Home Cooking’ (1988)
Sunbathing and grilling are both on our weekend agenda; surely just a little can’t be too bad for us? Summer sun and summer cooking should be taken advantage of while they are at their prime. So we’re grilling out! More good weekend activities below…
• Found! Our new favorite glasses. • Three recipes to try this weekend: Emeril’s Fish Provencal, herb butter, and Sautéed Rainbow Chard with Raw Beets and Goat Cheese.
• Have you ever thrown eggplant on the grill? Try it – it’s in season now.
• How about cocktails with no liquor? These virgin drinks still sound pretty good to us! If you want both boozy and un-boozy, try our Coffee-Vanilla Milkshake, adding vanilla liqueur just for those who are of drinking age and inclination.
• Check out our well-illustrated post on pairing food with wine – we created a whole summer menu and paired it with wines. Make sure to check out th slideshow!
• Have you entered our grilling cookbook giveaway yet?
• Pull out the dusty bread machine and beat the heat.
• Don’t worry if the weather’s bad this weekend. You can still grill in the rain!
• What do you think about indoor grill pans?
• For that matter, what do you think about this new milk jug?
Have a great weekend! Check back for our special weekend features on Saturday and Sunday.
(Images: Faith Hopler)