What’s Cooking This Weekend…Weekend of June 21-22, 2008
It’s the first day of summer! This makes us think of tomatoes, strawberries, watermelon and corn. The tomatoes in your backyard may not be so big as these quite yet; ours are the size of blueberries, just beginning to swell among the leaves of our patio bush.
Other than watching tomatoes grow, here are a few things we enjoyed from the last week here at The Kitchn:
• Turns out that quite a few of you went and bought this pan after we wondered why it was so popular. Guess there’s a good reason for it!
• We met Martha and Emeril! See what we asked them, plus photos of what we ate and drank.
• We also identified a sweet mystery fruit.
• Any more recommendations for good everyday dishes?
• Here are some alternatives to the much-lamented Tastespotting.
• Try making a breakfast sandwich this weekend.
• And our pick for supper, soon: Chilled Pea Soup with Radish and Mango Relish.
Have a happy weekend everyone! Stop back in for some weekend reading on Saturday and Sunday.