What’s Cooking This Weekend…Weekend of June 14-15, 2008
We are following in the footsteps of readers Orchid64 and Aldyth, who are both using the slow cooker to make a weekend meal. The slow cooker is such a great tool year-round; in the heat it’s ideal because it doesn’t make your kitchen any hotter. We’re cooking up a fresh springtime stew with plenty of snow peas and bright vegetables. More ideas for cool springtime cooking below…
• See some friends and have some good conversation food.
• Coconut jam! We already have a plot for this baking in the oven…
• Have you told us about your worst kitchen injury yet?
• Don’t forget – garlic scapes are in season – get them while they last.
• Have you tried whole wheat pasta lately?
• Here are some refreshing cocktails to go along with that ice.
• And if your kitchen’s cool enough, make a pie!
• Edible flowers – so lovely and delicious.
• And finally, what are you doing for Father’s Day this weekend?
Those are just a few good weekend cooking ideas – what are you eating (and drinking) this weekend?
(Image: Faith Hopler)