What’s Cooking This Weekend…Weekend of April 12-13, 2008
What’s cooking this weekend? We have a lot of kitchen projects that we’d like to tackle, all inspired by posts and comments this week. Here is some of what we’re (maybe!) doing this weekend. Of course, the weather is finally nice, so it may be crackers and dill and yogurt chicken salad in the park instead.
• Roasting chicken and vegetables for our Spring Cure assignment
• Making homemade dill pickles and chocolate matzo crack
• Trolling eBay for vintage Griffiths spice jars
• Looking for a local flea market (vintage French linen tablecloths!)
• Pondering a sourdough starter – are we ready to be good sourdough parents?
More weekend activities below…
• Loving lemons – lemon pie, lemon curd and lemon inspiration galore
• Cooking in the slow cooker while off to play
• Making up spring cocktails
• Snapping our way through as much fresh asparagus as possible
• Dreaming of a new kitchen
• Playing with the new mandoline
• Catching up on Small Cool Contest 2008
What are you doing in the kitchen this weekend, and do you have any fresh spring cooking plans?