Happy autumn weekend! The nights are growing longer, aren't they? Weekend mornings are for hot drinks and crisp cinnamon toast, hearty egg bakes and nourishing oatmeal. What are you planning on eating for breakfast this weekend? (Here are a few ideas.) What are you cooking? Tell us, take a look at some good reading from the past week, and inspire us with your cooking plans for the weekend.
• Thanksgiving inspiration starts here: Festive meatless Thanksgiving ideas, how to preserve leaves now for the table, blue table inspiration and our readers' Thanksgiving plans so far. Also, fresh ideas for Thanksgiving centerpieces, and gravy!
• Why you should always start with cold water when making hot drinks.
• Oh, Martha!
• A great interview with Mark Bittman, exploring Portland food carts.
• Why are some tuna cans upside-down? A fun discussion!
• The Kitchen Cure is on its final week! Beautify, and get ready to party!
Have a lovely weekend, everyone.
(Image: Faith Durand)