What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of October 25-26
What’s cooking? More to the point, what are you planning on eating this weekend? We hope you’re staying in for at least one meal. We currently have a butternut squash in the oven, and we’re plotting towards pasta, basil, Parmesan, and a creamy squash sauce. We also really want to recreate the smoked tomato salad dressing we had at a restaurant last week.
Read on for a few more ideas (and recipes) for good things to cook this weekend.
• Chickpea stew with vegetables and curry spices – made easily in the slow cooker.
• Sweet, scarlet syrup for your cocktails – made from pomegranates.
• Dark molasses and ginger cake – with chunks of ripe pear.
• Brisket, onions, lemon chicken, and apricot oatmeal – more ideas for your slow cooker.
• Chopped cabbage salad with handfuls of herbs – plus peanuts, tofu, and rice noodles.
• Wilted arugula with tomatoes and orzo – a quick dinner!
• Pears and blue cheese – now in dessert.
• Cheap good wine for your weekend meals.
• Have a little extra time? Cook ahead and freeze some of these easy meals.
• Prune plums and pastry – an open pie.
Have a good weekend – see you Monday!