Happy autumn weekend! The pressure of the holidays hasn't quite descended yet, but the weather is crisp and cold, so this is the perfect time to make something a little special this weekend. Maybe a batch of pumpkin cinnamon rolls? What are you cooking this weekend?
Here are a few notes and recipes from The Kitchn's past week.
• The Kitchen Cure is moving into its last weekend! How has it been going so far? Here's your final assignment: restock kitchen ingredients and tools.
• Which fruits and vegetables do you peel?
• Breakfast ideas: Steel cut oatmeal, creamy, fluffy scrambled eggs, and biscuits with milk and sugar.
• What is hominy?
• Sweet things: Marian Burros' plum torte, fudgy black bean brownies, apple streusel bars, and waffle iron cookies.
• Meaty dinners for fall evenings.
• How to store cheese to keep it fresh.
• Go visit a farm this weekend!
• Sweet kitchens: Charming white and yellow, coral kitchen (Room for Color winner!), a sophisticated white kitchen, and a sensibly upgraded kitchen that was inspired by the (Kitchen) Cure.
• An alternative to canned condensed soups.
• Two delicious weekend meals: Quick udon noodle soup and roasted chestnut rice.
• Five things you can do right now to get ready for Thanksgiving. Also, stock up on nuts, and figure out where to buy your turkey.
• Good weekend drinks: milk stout and full-bodied red wine from Languedoc Roussillon.
• Great ways to beautify your kitchen.
(Image: Wes and Kayla from Wes, Kayla & Bacon's Brookline Remix )