What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of October 17-18, 2009
What’s cooking this weekend, folks? Are you fleeing to the warmth of the kitchen? We’re plotting another attack on the brown butter ice cream, dolloped into hot cider. We are also pondering lasagna. What about you? Here are a few good ideas for reading, cooking, and eating from The Kitchn’s past week, too.
• The Fall Kitchen Cure has kicked off! Want to join us in cleaning, restocking, and refreshing your kitchen, just in time for the holidays. Jump in with the Week 1 Assignment: Clean Out the Fridge and Pantry.
• The homebrew is finished! How does it taste?
• The very best veggie burgers we know of.
• In the market for a food processor? Try this one.
• Looking for a great boozy hot cider recipe.
• Craving moist cornbread.
• A beautiful roundup of Japanese citrus fruit.
• Socca: extreme deliciousness (and crispiness) for gluten-free people (and the rest of us too).
• Scott and Ray’s colorful 10-year renovation project – a truly lovely kitchen tour.
• Tips for choosing a faster checkout line.
What’s cooking this weekend? If you want more inspiration, come back tomorrow for a roundup of all the recipes from the past week, and a look at our top posts. And don’t forget to visit Sunday for Dana’s wonderful Weekend Meditation. Happy weekend!
(Image: Faith Durand)