What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of October 4-5
We’re focusing on the harvest this month at The Kitchn. We plan to kick off our own harvest weekend by roasting these Chocolate Beauty red peppers we picked up at the market yesterday. Fennel, celery, and onion might join them too, maybe with a little butter and chicken stock to sweeten the deal.
What are you cooking tonight? Here are a few ideas from the last week at The Kitchn.
Try one of these recipes, tips, or ideas this weekend; we think you might enjoy them!
• An easy formula for making pickles – Use up all that bounty from the garden!
• A fruit crostata, made with seasonal prune plums and topped with brown sugar
• Crispy, delicate tea cookies made in the food processor
• The ultimate harvest cake, with goat cheese frosting
• Kabocha squash pie for vegans – with rosemary
There are a dozen good ideas to stay in the kitchen this weekend. Do you have one or two more for us?
(Images: Faith Durand)