What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of August 22-23, 2009
Happy weekend! What’s cooking in your kitchen? A batch of ice cream, maybe to be topped with berries in port, like the sundae above? It’s definitely weather for eating ice cream outdoors. Or perhaps you’re cooking up salads and frosty, fizzy cocktails? Read on for many recipes and good tips for weekend eating, and tell us what you’re cooking this weekend too!
• New recipes and recipe reviews: Southern cheese straws, easy salsa, barbecue chicken and macaroni salad, cold yogurt soup, chocolate mousse with olive oil and sea salt, cool bean salad with goat cheese, a tomato soup from Jamie Oliver, homemade potato chips, pickled red onions, and cappuccino of tomatoes and mozzarella.
• There were so many great recipes for ice cream and frozen treats this week! Try one of these this weekend: Hibiscus Berry Sundae, dairy-free avocado ice cream from Rick Bayless, an easy ice cream with just a couple ingredients, another one that calls for just one ingredient and a blender, and a sweet dessert wine ice cream.
• Have you ever tried peanut brittle and blue cheese together?
• What you need to brew beer at home.
• What’s the difference between green, black, white and pink peppercorns?
• The ultimate kitchen tool.
• All about the best wine glasses.
Have a great weekend! Come on back tomorrow to see the hottest posts from the past week, and definitely stop by Sunday for Dana’s Weekend Meditation.
(Image: Faith Durand)