What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of August 15-16, 2009
What’s cooking this weekend, folks? If you need some inspiration, or just some light weekend reading, here’s a rundown of The Kitchn’s past week. Fair food recipes, icy cocktails (lots of watermelon!), some beautiful kitchen designs, and good summer cooking tips below!
• Seven more recipes for fair food, including lemon shake ups, funnel cakes, corndogs, fried Oreos and Twinkies, nachos, roasted sweet corn, and ice cream sandwiches.
• New kitchen tours and spotlights: $30 kitchen makeover (also, does does your kitchen need a makeover?) and a tour of Delancey, Orangette’s new pizzeria in Seattle (gorgeous lighting design!).
• Interesting products: 5 lovely spice jar sets, Little Snowie snowcone maker, the perfect trash can, kitchen linens inspired by Julia Child’s book covers, and cute salt pigs.
• Are you a foodie, or a cook?
• How to bake bread on the stovetop.
• The Top Chef discussion thread returns!
Have a great weekend! Don’t forget to stop by tomorrow to see the hottest posts published in the last week, and on Sunday for Dana’s Weekend Meditation.
(Image: Faith Durand)