What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of June 20-21, 2009
What’s cooking this weekend? Are you eating outdoors on the front stoop or back deck? (If so, send us photos of your al fresco meal!) If you’re looking for a little weekend cooking inspiration, here are some new recipes and good ideas from the past week at The Kitchn.
Above: An al fresco lunch with a friend. Simple salad, white bean dip, crackers, fresh yellow tomatoes, and crunchy, salty green beans from the market.
• Where to find vanilla beans in bulk (at good prices).
• Five really good reasons to keep a chocolate bar stashed in the cupboard.
• Essential serving dishes for entertaining.
• Sumo wrestler noodles that won’t leave you looking like a sumo wrestler.
• Fragrant herbal tisanes for summer evenings.
• We love these orange tomato cages!
• Is American cheese good for some things?
Have a great weekend! Make sure to stop in Sunday for a very special recipe from Dana’s father in this edition of the Weekend Meditation. And see you all Monday!
(Image: Faith Durand)