What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of May 23-25, 2009
Happy Memorial Day weekend! Are you gardening? (This is the traditional time to put in tomatoes in the northern part of the US.) Are you having a picnic? Most importantly, what’s cooking this weekend? Here’s a look back at The Kitchn’s past week, with plenty of links to good eating, drinking, and summer cooking.
• How to keep your pots scratch-free.
• Looking for a no potato salad picnic?
• What is your absolutely essential kitchen equipment?
• These kitchen gadgets look like toys.
• The debate over food miles continues.
• Is this device a medieval torture implement or a kitchen gadget from Bed, Bath, and Beyond?
• You should eat more iceberg lettuce.
• Have you ever eaten a whole plate of Korean short ribs, grilled to perfection?
• One last recipe for a summer brunch: strawberry sour cream scones with a crumbly, sugary sweet topping. Perfect.
Happy weekend! Come back Sunday for Dana’s Weekend Meditation and we’ll see you Tuesday when we resume regular posting.