What do you have planned for your kitchen and table this weekend? More cleaning and Curing, or ham-and-cheese picnics on the balcony? Is the weather beautiful where you are? Are you inside or out this weekend, and what are you cooking? Here are a few ideas for good eating, drinking, and kitchen activities from the past week at The Kitchn.
• Spring drinking: Gibsons with pickled wild ramps!
• Are you cooking at home more these days?
• Looking for a fresh, crunchy spring meal? How about a giant salad with greens, dates, chicken, beans, goat cheese... Or how about a beautiful asparagus salad?
• Have you ever seen a limequat?
• Great books for those of us just starting a garden for the first time.
• Fresh yet comforting recipes for a spring weekend: flatbread pizzas with goat cheese and basil, easy strawberry trifles, sunny yellow breakfast rice, homemade macaroni and cheese with peas, and fruit-filled oatmeal bars, and .... BACON POPS.
Have a wonderful weekend! As you clean and organize the kitchen this weekend, don't forget to bring in something beautiful. A little vase of flowers, a pretty object, even just a piece of fruit. Place something beautiful where you can see it while you're cleaning.
Also don't forget to check back for Dana's weekend meditation, and Cure download tomorrow morning.
(Images: Faith Durand)