What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of March 14-15, 2009
It’s the weekend already! What’s cooking? It was a busy week here at The Kitchn; we’re chock-full of good recipes and ideas for weekend cooking. There were those ridiculously silly cake balls, as well as more practical ideas for things like morning oatmeal, homemade pasta, twice-baked potatoes, skillet desserts, and Jamie Oliver’s gingerbread. Oh, and meat. Lots of meat.
For these ideas and more good eating, drinking, and weekend cooking, read on!
• Cake pops! Silly and lots of work. But, uh, here’s how to make them, because we know you want to.
• Do you like gingerbread? We do. Here’s Jamie’s recipe for Grasmere gingerbread.
• Five desserts to cook in a skillet.
• Vegetarians and vegans: When did you stop eating meat?
• Think pink! Lots and lots of pink kitchens.
Come back tomorrow for a special interview with a real-live rancher who raises grass-fed beef on his California farm.
(Images: Faith Durand)