It's the weekend already! What's cooking? It was a busy week here at The Kitchn; we're chock-full of good recipes and ideas for weekend cooking. There were those ridiculously silly cake balls, as well as more practical ideas for things like morning oatmeal, homemade pasta, twice-baked potatoes, skillet desserts, and Jamie Oliver's gingerbread. Oh, and meat. Lots of meat.
For these ideas and more good eating, drinking, and weekend cooking, read on!
• Cake pops! Silly and lots of work. But, uh, here's how to make them, because we know you want to.
• Lots of meat advice this week, as we focused on beef: why grass-fed beef is preferable, tips on safely storing beef, how and why to preseason your meat, and old-fashioned butchers in your own neighborhood.
• We got to peek into some really lovely kitchens this week: Susy's meticulously organized galley (so inspiring!), ceramic artist Diana Fayt's tranquil baker's paradise, and the Paris sanctuary of Pierre Hermé himself.
• Do you like gingerbread? We do. Here's Jamie's recipe for Grasmere gingerbread.
• Five desserts to cook in a skillet.
• Vegetarians and vegans: When did you stop eating meat?
• Think pink! Lots and lots of pink kitchens.
Come back tomorrow for a special interview with a real-live rancher who raises grass-fed beef on his California farm.
(Images: Faith Durand)