What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of February 21-22, 2009
Happy Saturday morning! Are you eating sugared cereal and watching cartoons? OK, so maybe those times have passed, but we hope that you are still snuggled up somewhere warm, with a good breakfast and a hot beverage near to hand this morning. We still have soup on the brain (our latest effort is above) and we’re thinking about all the cooking we want to do this weekend. Here are a few thoughts on eating and drinking from the past week at The Kitchn.
The photo above is of my own test-run of this red onion soup from Gourmet. It was lovely! The addition of star anise in the broth is inspired; it tastes like it should always be there.
• Have you entered our February Jumpstart event yet? It’s not too late! You have until Sunday night to submit your kitchen-related fix-up, brush-up, or cooked-up project.
• Hey, the Oscars are on this Sunday night. Are you having a party? If so, check out our menus for some of the nominated films. From Benjamin Button Mushrooms to Wrestler Hair Pasta there’s something for everyone. Also, take a look at the most memorable food scenes of the year.
• It’s Mardi Gras! (And Fat Tuesday.) Here are a few recipes to help you celebrate.
• Tell us: what are ten things you love in your kitchen?
• Hey, we’re on Facebook now.
• And if you’re looking for more home kitchen inspiration, check out these five small(er) kitchens.
• If you’re escaping from the cold this weekend, take an opportunity to create your own soup recipe! (And eat it too.)
• And if you don’t want to DIY your kitchen, try a DIY recipe instead.
Have a great weekend, and don’t forget to check back for some of our readers’ favorite things from their kitchens. We’ll run a couple of our favorite submissions so far. Work on those Jumpstart projects, too; submission for the Jumpstart closes on Sunday!
(Image: Faith Durand)