What’s Cooking This Weekend? Weekend of February 14-15, 2009
It’s the weekend — what’s on your menu? We are planning a quiet Valentine’s dinner and a trip to our local market. It’s February and it’s still cold, but the sun is shining. Other ideas for weekend cooking: a big bowl of chunky stew, a fennel slaw, perhaps a loaf of bread. What are your plans? Tell us, and read on for a few more good things to cook and eat from The Kitchn.
• Have you ever wondered whether expensive pantry staples are worth it? Dana blind taste-tests tomatoes and tells us the verdict!
• Still looking for a Valentine’s treat? Try these sticky toffee cakelets or Sour Cherry-Almond Ice Cream with Chocolate Chunks or any of these chocolate desserts.
• Do you have a rental kitchen? Here are ten kitchen improvements that renters can make.
• How about a pink party spread for Valentine’s?
• Our favorite soup of the day, so far: rustic winter stew with pork and sauerkraut.
• Look! A sexy rice cooker.
Have a wonderful weekend!
(Image: Faith Durand)