It's a month of eating light, here at The Kitchn, but that doesn't mean that we've given up comfort foods in the coldest month of the year. No, we're still baking casseroles and making soups, but we're also focusing on hearty winter greens like the lacinato kale pictured above. Here are ten light yet comforting winter recipes; how about some pearl couscous and wilted greens, or a light green curry with tender cubes of pork?
Tell us how you're cooking this weekend, and read on for a few more ideas for weekend cooking, reading, and eating.
• What are your kitchen resolutions for the new year?
• The Homies reader nominations and votes were recorded: see who was named best home cooking blog of 2008, by reader vote.
• 30 (or so) good ideas for homemade lunches.
• Gabe is looking for a recipe for butter-baked rice. Can you help her?
• We are looking for kitchen tours for the site and for the next AT book. We also had some great kitchens on the site this week, including this bright red and white Los Angeles dream kitchen and a gallery of orange kitchens.
• Learn the difference between half-and-half, light cream, heavy cream, and whipping cream.
• Looking for one last recipe? Try classic beef stew.
Have a good weekend!
(Image: Faith Durand)