What’s Cooking This Weekend?
It’s the weekend, and it’s a scorcher out there. Is there anything cooking in the kitchen this weekend? Or are you beating a retreat to an air-conditioned room, chilled watermelon in hand? (This is my plan, to be abetted by the recipes pictured above.) This is the last weekend for Small Cool Kitchens, too! Look for a marathon of entries to be posted on the site this weekend. They are already up for viewing on the contest site, though — go take a look and favorite a few! And then come back here and tell us: What’s cooking this weekend?
A few posts from the past week that you may have missed…
• A few brief snapshots of markets in Istanbul, Turkey.
• A PRE-smoke alarm for the kitchen!
• Dessert bars — so good for picnics.
• Ever tried porcini powder?
• Cooking, healing, the kitchen — a beautiful meditation on the kitchen’s power to heal.
• Go behind the scenes of modernist cuisine with this fascinating video!
• Iced coffee, with creamy horchata? Oh yes.
Happy cooking, stay cool, and don’t forget to check back in this weekend for more Small Cool entries.
(Images: Faith Durand; Liz Vidyarthi)