What’s Cooking This Weekend?
Happy weekend, everybody! What’s cooking? It has been a lovely week here on the East Coast (I’ve been in New York City all week for our annual Apartment Therapy retreat — good times were had by all). The sun is shining, and the asparagus and radishes were laid out in pyramids of color at the Greenmarket. Is your farmers’ market open? Are you going this weekend? Tell us what’s fresh and delicious in your part of the world, and what’s cooking in your kitchen this weekend. (Take a peek at a few posts you may have missed from the past week, too.)
Pictured above: Emma’s lovely and nourishing spring soup: Lemony Spring Soup with Peas & Rice.
• A look at cellulose and the role it plays in the foods we eat.
• A smart solution for taking a sandwich for lunch — no more soggy!
• Is an electric kettle right for you?
• Salads on skewers — healthy and fun.
• Substitutions — a great iPhone/iPad app for when you run out of some key ingredient.
• A tip for making quicker vegetable stock.
Have a happy weekend!
(Image: Emma Christensen)