Hello, December! Winter blew in this week, and we're getting ready for a weekend of holiday baking and cooking. What about you? What are your cooking plans? Read on for a quick roundup of all our gift guides from the past week, plus a few other pieces of good weekend reading. Take a look, then tell us: What's cooking this weekend?
• Some gift suggestions and guides: Food and ingredients for food-lovers and cooks. Also, liquors in beautiful bottles. We also rounded up 20 great stocking-stuffers, gifts for good causes, practical tools for the cook, goodies for the caramel-lover and 40 homemade treats for making and gifting.
• Pretty much the cutest, easiest present-wrapping idea we've seen this year.
• 5 simple truths about salt from a salt-expert.
• Tips for overcoming cheese phobias.
• A free iPhone app for your coffee.
(Image: Faith Durand)