What We’re Reading: Why Food Is Not Crack, Dominique Ansel Does It Again, and Bourdain’s Tumblr
everything we love every week at The Kitchn, so we must resort to roundups. Here are ten of our editorial team’s favorite reads this past week — all things that made us laugh, made us hungry, or made us think.
- No, your favorite food is not like crack, so stop calling it that. – Faith
- The mad scientist behind the Cronut and Frozen S’more has created a new monster. – Ariel
- Maybe we can’t have it all, but we can still have cake. – Emma
- Bravo says its new reality show, Eat Drink Love, “crushes stereotypes associated with gender and youth,” but not everyone is buying it. – Anjali
- This salad. Oh my. – Cambria
Read on for five more great links for your weekend perusal.
- Gift alert! 10 go-to online shops for gorgeous kitchen goods. – Cambria
- Anthony Bourdain’s Tumblr: On the end of summer – Ariel
- Buying a locally-raised, locally-butchered whole pig? Not as glamorous as you might think. – Emma
- Is the New York Times Magazine food content too male-dominated? – Faith
- Was it one of those weeks? You need some adorable photos of babies eating lemons for the first time. – Anjali
What were your favorite food reads this week?
We support our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.
Published: Sep 13, 2013