Ten reads we thought were interesting, funny, or thought-provoking this week.
- Why Slate calls Aldi the best grocery store in America. - Faith
- 10 restaurants in stunning locations – including under water. - Ariel
- Everything you've ever wanted to know about botulism, including how not to die from it. - Anjali
- Why milk might soon be going up to $7 per gallon. - Emma
- Gordon Ramsay vs. The Swedish Chef. Who will prevail? - Cambria
- Durian gets a lot of play in the food press, but I still giggled all the way through this love letter to the smelly fruit. - Faith
- These chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookies with pomegranate salt are just too beautiful to be true. - Ariel
- NPR just released their picks for the best books of 2013, with plenty of interesting food-related books to check out. - Anjali
- Origin theories for the cheese + seafood taboo. - Emma
- Homemade spice blends as gifts? Yes, please! - Cambria
Kitchn supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.